"If you're not going to be ready to fail, you're not going to learn how to cook." -Julia Child

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

S'more Cookies

Ok, here's my story. Ever since I was little, I've been an avid baker. However, I've never really liked following recipes. Starting probably as early as lower school, I would always try to bake cookies without a recipe. I would take a bowl, and mindlessly put ingredients in it until I was satisfied. The cookies always turned out terribly. I had no idea what I was doing, but it was definitely fun.



Fast forward a few years to this past Saturday night at about 3 AM. I was home and bored, so I decided to bake something. Remembering what I used to do, I decided to give it a shot again and bake some cookies without following a specific recipe. I figured that being a lot older and having significantly more experience with baking, this would go a lot better than it previously had.


I didn't want to bake an entire batch of 4 or 5 dozen cookies only to find out that they're inedible, so I decided to make a mini recipe as a tester. After looking around my pantry and finding some marshmallow fluff, I knew I had to make s'more cookies. It was a great decision, because these are honestly some of the best cookies I've ever had. They're soft and chewy, yet still slightly crispy on the outside. And the taste- well, they pretty much taste just like a s'more!


Want the recipe? Yea, well so do a lot of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment