"If you're not going to be ready to fail, you're not going to learn how to cook." -Julia Child

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus


My dad comes from an Israeli family, so naturally we eat a lot of hummus. However, most of it is either store bought or from a restaurant. Hummus seemed to be fairly easy to make, so a few nights ago I decided to give it a shot. I whipped out my food processor, and within minutes I had this delicious Middle Eastern dip.

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained (chick peas)
1/3 cup roasted red peppers
2 tbsp. tahini (sesame paste)
1-2 cloves garlic
1 lemon, juiced
1 tsp. salt
2-3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil


In a food processor, blend the first 5 ingredients. When smooth, while food processor is still on, slowly drizzle in olive oil until the desired consistency is reached. It should be smooth, but thick. When serving, top with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of paprika.

No comments:

Post a Comment